Managing Concussions in Clinical Practice
This two part course is being offered by SAOT in partnership with Advancing Practice©. Part 1 includes the online “Managing Concussions in Clinical Practice” certificate program that offers in-depth concussion management training in 3 modules covering assessment, diagnosis, management. The online program is expected to take between 4-6 hours to complete. Part 2 includes an in-person workshop in either October or February in Edmonton, AB.
- Apply tools from guidelines and consensus statements to assess patients for concussion
- Evaluate a patient post-concussion according to best practice
- Determine which patients can be managed by primary care clinicians versus those who should be referred to a concussion specialist
- Individualize management strategies for patients post-concussion
- Construct a return to school/work and play protocol based on a patient’s concussion symptomology and rate of improvement
- Initiate and manage patients with persistent post-concussion symptoms.
Who Should Participate?
This training opportunity is open to all health care providers
Accreditation is received for each module of the program that is successfully completed. Participants who successful complete all requirements will receive a Statement of Completion and Program Certificate. The program has been accredited by the Canadian Council on Continuing Education in Pharmacy (CCCEP) for a total of 4.5 CEUs. the College of Family Physicians of Canada for up to 4.5 Mainpro+ credits, and the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners QI&CPD Program.
Accreditation expires: October 19, 2017 Certificate of Completion: Never Expires
Once successfully registered, you will receive the link and code to access the online modules which can be completed as your schedule permits. Upon completion of the online modules, you can select any one of the following dates for in-person training in Edmonton, AB.
- February 10, 2018
To register visit:: https://www.saot.ca/learning-events/concussion-management-program/
FOIP/LAFOIP Access and Privacy Training
Cenera is once again offering its full slate of courses across the province on managing access and privacy in compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Local Authorities Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
For a complete listing of courses, locations, dates and how to register please go to http://cenera.ca/privacy-training-sk/ or phone 800.387.8797.