Membership supports the Physical Therapy profession by supporting the initiatives which provide leadership and direction to the physiotherapy profession; fosters excellence in practice, education and research; and promotes high standards of health in Saskatchewan and Canada. The Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA), SPA and the associated Divisions and Assemblies represent the physiotherapy profession in Canada with a strong and unified voice. Join us, and add your voice to ours!
Who is eligible to join?
- physical therapists living in Saskatchewan who are graduates or students of accredited physical therapy programs at Canadian universities, or hold a current or past full registration with any physiotherapy regulatory board in Canada
- if you live in Saskatchewan, membership in the SPA is automatic when you join the CPA
What does membership in your provincial professional association (SPA) give you?
- access to information on current issues affecting the profession and networking opportunities
- access to opportunities to develop leadership skills, and experience personal and professional growth
- a strong voice in representation to government, third party payers and other stakeholders
- bursary assistance to attend CPA’s National Congress
- resources and products to raise the profession’s profile and help you promote your clinic or service (display materials, pamphlets, posters, merchandise)
- quarterly newsletter
- access to the password protected ‘Members Only’ section of this website featuring blogs for working groups of SPA, member resources and up to date member information
What does membership in your national professional association (CPA) give you?
In addition to the items outlined above, our partnership with the Canadian Physiotherapy Association provides:
- access to membership in CPA’s practice Divisions, each of which provides valuable education, clinical, and research information on a specific area of physiotherapy practice;
- a respected and vocal presence with key decision-makers. CPA advocates on your behalf on issues ranging from scope of practice to legislation and health care reform;
- access to a variety of professional development and leadership opportunities including diverse volunteer roles, an excellent teleconference program, and Congresses that offer exceptional learning and networking opportunities;
- resources to support and develop your practice, such as Physiotherapy Canada, our scientific peer-reviewed journal; credit card discount programs; a variety of insurance options; and much more;
- communications and public awareness activities ranging from a highly effective media relations program, to consumer-oriented fact sheets and products that help promote awareness of the benefits of physiotherapy;
- access to comprehensive insurance programs with competitive coverage and rates (e.g., professional liability insurance, group medical and dental insurance, group life insurance, clinic insurance and others).
For information on CPA's Member Benefits, please click here.
For more information on CPA insurance, please click here.