When you become a member of the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA) and the Saskatchewan Physiotherapy Association (SPA), you gain access to a wide array of valuable benefits and services.
Most importantly, when you join the SPA, you strengthen the collective voice of physiotherapists in Saskatchewan. Your membership supports our committed volunteers, each of whom works tirelessly to advocate for your profession with government, media, payors, other professions, and the public. With your support, we also represent Saskatchewan’s interests within the Canadian Physiotherapy Association.
Physiotherapists in Saskatchewan automatically become members of the SPA when they join the CPA. Both organizations offer valuable benefits and services.
As a member of SPA, you will:
- Receive regular communications regarding Association activities, local courses, job opportunities, member news, and more
- Become eligible for the Association’s bursaries and awards
- Participate in and benefit from provincial advocacy efforts, such as providing comment on emerging legislation and fee negotiations
- Participate in local networking activities, such as SPA’s Annual Meeting, webinars and SPA Awards
- Have the opportunity to participate on committees and in other volunteer capacities, which will greatly expand your network and your ability to contribute to the profession as well as strengthen your resume
- Provide financial and demographic support for our projects and initiatives.
As a member of CPA, you will:
- Join a national community of more than 14,000 physiotherapists and physiotherapy assistants working across all areas of practice
- Gain access to a large and strong network of resources, information, thought leadership, best practices, and business guidance to help you throughout your career, wherever it takes you. Membership provides you with a voice in discussions with legislators, regulators, and policy-makers across the country.
- CPA’s insurance program is the longest standing, most secure and most comprehensive coverage available to physiotherapists anywhere in Canada.
Professional Liability Insurance Program
To learn more about the wide range of CPA National benefits and services, visit the CPA website.
Physiotherapists residing in Saskatchewan who are eligible for registration with a Canadian physiotherapy regulatory body can join the Saskatchewan Physiotherapy Association (SPA) by completing an application for a Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA) membership. Physiotherapy Assistants and Students are also welcome to join the Association through the CPA. When you join the CPA, you automatically become a member of the SPA.
All applications for membership are processed by CPA National Office, and all necessary application forms, guides, and fee schedules can be found on CPA’s membership pages.
For physiotherapists licensed to practice in Canada and/or holding a professional degree in physiotherapy from a Physiotherapy Education Accreditation Canada university program.
PHYSIOTHERAPY ASSISTANT MEMBERSHIP
For individuals who have completed a formal education program for Physiotherapist Assistants accredited by the Occupational Therapist Assistant and Physiotherapist Assistant Education Accreditation Program, for those registered as a thérapeute en réadaptation (TRP) with l’ordre professionnel de la physiothérapie du Québec, or for those who have successfully completed the Canadian Physiotherapy Association’s approved Observed Performance Criteria Process.
CPA membership is free for:
- Physiotherapy students enrolled in a Physiotherapy Education Accreditation Canada-recognized program or a recognized international credential bridging program.
- Physiotherapist assistant students enrolled in a recognized formal education program (programs with accreditation or candidacy status).